Information on EU Legislation and Documents
For your activities or services, it is sometimes important or necessary that you can have access to European information on legal and /or commercial items stored in dozens of databases.
The legislation of the European Union is very complex because the EU deals with treaties, several types of legislation like directives and regulations. Another reason for the complexity of the EU legislation is that some legislation like the directives, are directed to the EU memberstates and hence do not come into force automatically but need to be implemented by each individual memberstate into national legislation.
However, the EU is transparant and the whole process of preparation can be checked and all legislation will be published in any of the 24 official languages of the European Union.
When you need to know the latest state of the art of any issue in the European Union, we can help you tracing the relevant and actual EU legislation by searching and retrieving the documents on EU level (the directives) or national level by national legislation.
In practice, the search in the relevant databases is not easy because:
- databases are difficult to find
- one is not able to find the relevant database
- searching in databases often requires expertise
- recurring jobs can not be stored and must be entered again and again
In short, the search in the European databases will cost you a lot of time and effort and money!
Europe Consult can supply original texts of all European documents in their original language or in most other languages. You can think of (preparatory) legislative texts, green and white papers, case law, press releases and European tenders of all institutions of the European Union and so on and so forth.
Based on our expertise and experience and using our available resources and databases, we can provide the requested information or documents quickly. Often a keyword or subject matter is in many cases already sufficient.
Kind of information our clients have asked us for:
- Is there European legislation for the conclusion of contracts with commercial agents?
- Can you provide us with the Annex of the Regulation on substances that deplete the ozone layer?
- Can you deliver me the Directive on machinery in English?
- Are there any rules safety and health in the use of work equipment at work?
- We are interested in the European Commission’s document on price differences in the EU of cars.
- The minutes of the Council of European Ministers.
- Are there any commercial standards for eggs?
- Has there been a ruling by the European Court on the competition clause in the context of business transfers?
- The tender of the UK Ministry of foreign affairs for the leasing of cars?
Delivery of documents and information
We will be pleased to handle any question for information or documents on any European item or subject. You are looking for specific EU information or legislation?
Please contact us and be informed what we can do for you!